Computer science is a fast-growing discipline that is recognized as a “critical enabler” for innovation and economic growth worldwide. It is particularly relevant in sectors such as medicine, finance, manufacturing, education, energy, transportation, and communication. But despite its importance, many computer science students do not have enough exposure to the field.
In fact, the number of computer science students is rapidly increasing. Yet, there isn’t a corresponding increase in resources available to them, leaving them struggling to find a way into this exciting field.
If you are a newbie computer science student in 2021, chances are your course has a lecture about how everything is just a computer simulation right now, whether you like it or not. But there is a lot more to computer science than that. What are the best classes to learn computer science? What are the best web resources for learning computer science? Read more.
Best Computer Science Resources In 2021
The world of computer science has grown leaps and bounds since the early days of the web, and it continues to do so in the next few years. Programming languages, computer hardware, open-source frameworks, database management, and development tools—they all continue to usher in a new era of computing that is both familiar and new.
Check out the following best computer science resources in 2021:
- Codemurai – has the largest collection of computer science articles, videos, and tutorials on the Internet. This is a place where people from all walks of life can find great tutorials, how-to’s, and education for all things computer and computer science-related. Codemurai was created to be a place where anyone can ask questions about computer science related to programming, data science, algorithms, etc. Recently, the community has grown to include lots of other areas of computer science, such as computer architecture, operating systems, artificial intelligence, etc.
- Enki – is one of the most influential, comprehensive, and helpful computer science resources out there. It has a collection of quizzes and questions designed to help people learn computer science. Though it serves many purposes, it really shines as a resource for doing math research. Its quiz covers a wide variety of subjects, as well as the more theoretical ones.
- Khan academy – is a free, online education organization that provides more than 2,000 free video lectures for math, science, computer science, and more. They provide content that you can follow along at home or in the classroom, and they even provide an interactive environment where you can create your own video lectures or quizzes on their website.
- MIT OpenCourseware – is a massive online library of open textbook material, often referred to as “crowdsourced textbooks” because anyone can read the text for free. OpenCourseWare currently includes some 4500 courses taught at MIT, Harvard, and other world-class universities. The courses are also available for free online viewing and can be downloaded to various electronic devices.
- GitHub – is the place to go for almost anything in computer science, whether you’re a beginner working on a project or an expert building a new platform. Not only does it offer a workable solution to pretty much any programming problem you can think of, but it also keeps you up to date with what’s new in the field.
- Treehouse – is one of the most popular tech education tools and has been featured in publications like the New York Times and Stanford’s Center for Computer Science Education. The website offers a wide variety of resources, including interactive exercises to help you learn how to code and a beginner’s guide to programming that’s updated weekly.
These days, there are so many great educational resources available to anyone who wants to learn computer science. But once you’ve spent a few years of your life in school, you might want to learn how to code for your own career. For that, you’ll need to learn a bit more about programming, which is a great place to start. The ones listed above are all great places to learn about computer science (make sure you check them all!)
There are many advantages to studying Computer Science. The best part is that the possibilities are endless, and the choice is up to you!